Safety is Our Priority
At Taliesin West, our top priority is the safety of our guests, staff, residents, and property. Since closing our doors in March, we have been hard at work implementing new measures and experiences to make sure all are safe while on property. These changes have been made with close monitoring of numerous trusted sources including, but not limited to CDC, WHO, OSHA, and local health ordinances and guidance.
Things will look a little different when you next visit Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West. You will notice when you visit that our staff will always be wearing face coverings, and we require that all visitors properly wear a covering over nose and mouth while on property, whether indoors or outdoors.
No visitor will be allowed to enter, tour, or remain at Taliesin West without a properly worn face mask covering at all times.
Our staff go through daily health checks to ensure their safety and yours, and will keep 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others. New signage and markers will be located throughout the site to ensure proper distancing. We ask that you follow signs and markers to keep physical distance from staff and other visitors too.
Your visit has been designed to be a touchless tour experience. We have installed plexiglass shields in our check-in, membership, and store to protect our guests and staff. Only one person or family will be allowed in a restroom at a time, and limited numbers of visitors will be allowed in our redesigned store at any time to permit distancing. Spaces will be cleaned more frequently and deeply, and hand-sanitizer stations will be available throughout the campus. Some spaces have been reinterpreted and will look different from what you might have seen before.
No Cash Accepted
Smaller & Socially-Distanced Guided Tours
You’ll still be seeing and experiencing everything that Frank Lloyd Wright’s famed winter home and desert laboratory has to offer:
- We’ve developed different ways for you to experience our UNESCO World Heritage site.
- For safety, guided Insights Tours are smaller, with only 10 people per tour. This means visitors in 2020 benefit from a much more intimate, immersive tour without the crowds. Plus, you get to cross that UNESCO site off your bucket list!
- Much of the tour happens outdoors in clean fresh air, surrounded by the Sonoran desert and its distinctive beauty.
- Interior spaces will be showcased as “touchless walk-throughs” with mindful distancing practiced. Guides will provide architectural space interpretations and more detailed explanations outside, along with Q&A.
- We have added new handrails, ramps, and a wheelchair accessible restroom to help guests with mobility challenges access and enjoy the site with ease. We encourage visitors who may have trouble standing for an hour or more to bring a portable seat or seat-walker with them, as seating is not available during the tour.
- If you choose to become a Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation member, one guided Insights Tour ticket to Taliesin West becomes free ($40 value). Advance ticket reservations required.
New Self-Guided Audio Tours
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is thrilled to debut a new audio tour that allows visitors a safe, interactive, and self-guided experience that can be easily and directly accessed through their personal smartphone devices.
The highlight of this in-depth audio tour will be hearing Wright’s own spoken words firsthand through original audio recordings. Wright discusses the connection of his work to nature, poetry and art, along with other sources of inspiration at Taliesin West and across the United States.
As guests move through both the interior and exterior spaces at their own pace, the opportunity to connect to the architecture and the landscape is more present than ever, and provides endless inspiration for living a more beautiful life every day.
This audio tour is in development as the Foundation works to bring a richer experience for visitors that includes unique audio and visual resources into our programs. We hope that this allows visitors a unique and valued alternative for experiencing Wright’s visionary architecture.
Access to the audio tour and the Taliesin West site will be $20 per guest with advance online ticket reservations.
- The audio tours will have limited capacity for safe social distancing.
- Please consider bringing headphones for your personal smartphone device. If you do not have headphones, they will be available for purchase at Taliesin West.
- Staff will provide assistance as required during the audio tour.
- If you choose to become a Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation member, one self-guided Audio Tour ticket to Taliesin West becomes free ($20 value). Advance ticket reservations required.
We Look Forward to Seeing You Soon!
Prior to your visit, please remember:
- The physical location for Taliesin West is: 12345 N. Taliesin Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85259.
- Parking is available on site. Rideshare drop off and pick up is also welcomed.
- Taliesin West has many uneven surfaces; and as we work to reduce health and safety concerns, we have no places for visitors to sit. We encourage visitors who may have trouble standing for an hour or more to bring a portable seat or seat-walker with them, as seating is not available during the tour, nor are assistive devices available on the campus.
- Please arrive shortly before your scheduled visit.
- Taliesin West is situated on a Desert Preserve and has an abundance of desert wildlife and plants. As such, please wear appropriate shoes to ensure your safety during your visit.
- We suggest bringing a hat and/or umbrella for shade, and a water bottle for hydration; a touchless water refill station is available. Please store all other personal items in your vehicle.
- Interior/exterior photography is permitted for personal, non-commercial use only. No tripods can be brought onsite. All photos must be completed during your tours and only in the presence of a Taliesin West Guide or Staff Member.