Last Updated: June 2, 2023
- Collection, use, and disclosure of personal information;
- Access to, editing, and deleting personal information;
- Storage and processing of personal information;
- Cookies and automatically retrieved information; and
- Account security; and links to external websites.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information from various sources. We may collect personal information when you provide it directly or if you provide personal information to use certain functions provided on our Site. We may also collect personal information from companies that organize events or programs at our venues, from other third parties or vendors, and information automatically retrieved during visits to the Site.
The types of personal information we collect may include demographic information, such as zip code or gender; membership information, such as name or member profile information; contact information, such as name, address, email, phone number; or billing information. The Site may also use your location data to display relevant maps and tours to you; but your location data is neither transmitted to FLWF or stored on the FLWF servers, and you may turn off the location features under the settings page of the FLWF app.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We use the personal information that you provide to send you the information you requested, to send you notices or other information about FLWF, or for any other lawful purpose.
We may share information with others within our organization or with third parties who may join our projects or initiatives. We may also share personal information with third party service providers who provide services for us or with whom we may collaborate, such as technology providers, marketing organizations, and survey and market research providers. We may also disclose personal information if for some reason it becomes necessary to do so to comply with applicable laws or to enforce our rights.
3. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We do not make available to the general public any personal information you provide to us in connection with your request for information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the transmission of personal information between you and the Site is not encrypted and may not be secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to, from, or over the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
4. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
5. INFORMATION RELATING TO CHILDREN
We may collect personal information from children under 13 when the Foundation holds contests. The child’s personal information we may collect is child’s full name and it will be used to notify contest winners and notify third parties of contest winners, for example, through social media posts. We will not require the child to disclose personal information that is not necessary for the activity.
A parent or guardian may review the child’s personal information, can direct the Foundation to delete the personal information, and can refuse further collection of child’s personal information and use of personal information. A parent/guardian may also limit how child’s personal information is used.
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will only be used to:
- provide services from FLWF to you;
- verify registration with the FLWF;
- communicate with you and/or your household in relation to the Site, FLWF services, and/or your registration;
- keep you informed of and promote current or planned products and/or services of FLWF and our select business partners;
- conduct market research and generate and provide statistical analysis and rating information;
- respond to claims or complaints made by you or any member of your household; and
- cooperate with government, industry, or regulatory authorities.
Unless you have authorized us to do so, FLWF will not rent or sell your personal information and will not disclose it to any third party except where disclosure is connected to the purposes for which the information was collected as listed above; and where required, or permitted, by law.
We do not require users to sign into access Mobile App content, and we do not store or transmit any personally identifiable data from Mobile Apps.
7. ACCESS TO, EDITING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may ask to see the personal information that FLWF holds about you at any time by contacting us. You may also ask FLWF to correct, alter, or delete any personal information that we hold about you by contacting us; provided that FLWF is not required to delete or alter information needed by the organization in connection with legal or financial reporting obligations (such as purchase records and tax records).
8. STORAGE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FLWF will store and process your personal information in the United States or in any other country in which it, or our selected business partners, maintain facilities for doing so. Your personal information may therefore be transferred outside of your country. FLWF will hold your personal information for as long as we are lawfully entitled to retain and use that information.
9. COOKIES AND AUTOMATICALLY RETRIEVED INFORMATION
When you enter the Site, your computer will automatically be issued a cookie that uniquely identifies your computer to our servers (or those of our providers) during continuing and return visits to the Site. This allows us to improve the speed and reliability of the Site and provide you with a better service. Cookies in themselves do not identify individual users and are not used to collect or store personal information about you. Visitors have the ability to set their computers to notify them when a cookie is issued, or to reject any cookies, but the latter means that certain FLWF services may not be provided to the visitor.
Some information may be automatically retrieved while you access and browse the Site, including:
- the features that you use, the pages that you visit, and the actions that you take on this Site;
- your IP address (i.e. the location of your computer on the internet);
- the domain name that you are accessing the internet from; and
- the browser and search engine (if any) that your computer uses.
The information automatically retrieved is used in statistical and aggregate formats to assess the effectiveness of and improve this Site and FLWF services, and to determine our visitors’ preferences and interests.
10. ACCOUNT SECURITY
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of any information supplied by you, FLWF has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial processes to protect your information. Additionally, all user information collected and store by FLWF is protected from unauthorized access through the use of secure login information and other security procedures.
You must keep any login, password, or account information relating to your use of the Site secure at all times.
As permitted by applicable law, we may reject:
- requests to transfer personal information to third parties;
- requests to access or correct personal information; and/or
- requests to delete your personal information.
If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation
12621 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85259