Wyoming Valley School
1n 1956 Wright donated two acres of land and a design for a small elementary school to the Wyoming Valley School District near Spring Green, WI.
The Wyoming Valley School was to be built in honor of his mother, Anna Lloyd Jones, a kindergarten teacher who had fostered Wright’s lifelong love of learning. The simple concrete-block structure was accented by a flat raised roof with clerestory windows, Wright’s signature Taliesin red floors, and large fireplaces at the center of the foyer and assembly room. In 1958 the school opened its doors to 46 students in grades 1-8. Though the building stood empty from 1990-2010, it was reopened in 2011 as a non-profit arts and cultural center. The Wyoming Valley School Cultural Arts Center continues to foster Wright’s original educational mission with active programming, workshops, exhibits, performances and lectures.